What is RPA?
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is a non-intrusive software technology that can operate and interact with other software and digital systems by emulating human actions through a computer user interface. RPA uses automated bots that leverage artificial intelligence (AI), optical character recognition (OCR), and recorded actions to execute repetitive tasks without error for an extended period of time, and at a fraction of the cost of manual operation.
What can RPA do?
Due to its non-intrusive approach through human emulation, RPA can do any computer based task tirelessly, and without error! This includes things like:
- logging into applications,
- moving files and folders,
- copying and pasting data,
- filling out forms,
- scraping browser data,
- and sending emails (just to name a few).
RPA can take these individual tasks and string them together to execute complex organizational processes and workflows at computing speeds and precision.
Many organizations are already leveraging this breakthrough technology. Banking and financial services are using it to create accounts. Insurance companies are using RPA to process claims. The potential across many organizations is endless.
How do I know if it’s right for me?
If you are wondering if RPA is for you, ask yourself the following questions...
- Do we have an existing software and IT infrastructure that lacks application programming interface (API) integration points and would be expensive to replace?
- Is my limited number of staff doing repetitive "low value" work that can be automated by RPA to let them do more cognitive "high value" work?
- Would the ability to increase the throughput of these tasks help us to scale our business and increase revenue?
- Can we serve more customers by automating these tasks 24 hours a day and 7 days a week?
If you answer yes to more than one of these questions, you are probably a candidate for RPA!
How can I benefit?
Here are some of the benefits you can realize after implementing RPA in your business.
- Improved accuracy
- Improved compliance
- Cost savings
- Increased speed
- Increased throughput
- More customers served
- Improved employee satisfaction
An incredible side benefit that organizations experience after implementing RPA is an increase in employee satisfaction. Organizations find that they can redirect their staff to more meaningful and engaging work and leave the mundane and robotic work to the RPA bots!
We can help you!
The Canton Group is a partner with UiPath, a recognized leader in RPA technology. UiPath has nearly 15 years of experience in the RPA space and have been recognized by many market research companies including Foresster and Gartner as experts in the field. UiPath provides technology, training, and certifications to The Canton Group.
The Canton Group and its staff of certified RPA developers and business analysts are ready to talk to you about potential RPA projects and help you navigate this new and exciting technology.
Contact us and be on the cutting edge of disruption!